Kibble Palace is a wrought iron framed glasshouse dating from the 19th century and covering 2137m². Originally designed for a domestic property, it was shipped up the river Clyde by barge and erected in 1873 at its current location.
By 2004, the ironwork was showing signs of considerable corrosion. Shepley Engineers were commissioned to completely dismantle the Palace and remove all the parts to our workshop in Yorkshire, where salvageable parts underwent specialised repair and others were re-cast. The ironwork and glass were then reassembled over a rearranged floorplan to give the Palace a prolonged life, reopening in 2006.