Constructed in 1952 and last used in 1973, the plant was the forerunner to THORP. Shepley lead the consortium whose responsibility it was to characterise the cells inventory, to then develop, design and manufacture equipment leading to the removal of fifty tonnes of process equipment and waste. Innovative size reduction techniques and contamination control measures were used in dealing with high levels of radiation and contamination.
Client : Sellafield Ltd
Value : £2m