The Red Extract system is critical to the operation of a facility at Sellafield and is the primary source of ventilation for the in-cell caves. The existing system has been in service for over three decades and is fast approaching the end of its intended design life. The project brief was to design and install a bespoke solution that would support the plant for the remaining duration of its operational life.
Key Services Provided
• Utilising the services of our supply chain partners to develop the client’s concept design into a bespoke detailed multi-discipline design solution.
• Provision of technical support throughout the project design phases to ensure constructability considered in final design.
• Development of installation strategy to minimise disruption to plant operations during the installation phase.
• Manufacture and supply of high integrity ductwork and replacement extract fan units.
• Manufacture and supply of CE&I control equipment.
• Integrated works testing at supply chain facility to reduce onsite commissioning requirements and eliminate potential issues prior to installation.
• Multi-discipline installation team.
• Comprehensive Life Time Quality Record